Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn

It's taken me a long time to decide. I always go back and forth. I adore every season, and during the change of season I think "this is definitely my favorite season" and then the next one comes.
It's taken me 32 years to finally make my decision, but I'm proud to say that I have finally come to a final one.
Fall is my very favorite season and here's why:
  • I love the weather, cool enough for adorable sweaters and scarves, but not too cold that you have to put on 15 layers so that you can barely move and cover up your carefully coordinated sweater and scarf. It's not too hot that you can't enjoy the many lovely things there are to do outside. I love to be outside in the fall.
  • The fragrances of fall are to die for. Cinnamon, apples, pumpkins, caramel, crisp fresh air, and the smell of smoke from the first lit fireplaces of the season. Mmmm.
  • It's the start of the holiday season.
  • The colors. I mean look at the picture above. This is actually in Colorado. It's in a place called Dallas Divide, I don't know where that is but I think I might have to find it. :)
  • Pumpkin patches and apple orchards.
  • Apple cider and hot choclate.
These are just a few reasons that Autumn is officially my favorite season. And I am thouroughly enjoying my favorite season.
I hope you are enjoying it as well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's without-a-doubt my favorite season, too. Now we are definitely kindred spirits, Laurie. :)

Amy said...

I hear ya! I think that autumntime is so enjoyable too!