Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a "little" announcement...

Well friends it time I spill the beans.  It's been long enough now that I'm feeling comfortable enough to share that....
WE ARE EXPECTING!!!
We are still a few weeks away from finding out the gender but I'm 14 weeks in and has gone normal. All the ultra sounds have been normal, all the symptoms are normal (blech!), and the little thing is growing well.
Due date is April 19th.
We are thinking it's a boy because I haven't felt as sick with this one as I was with Gracie plus the chinese calendar says it's a boy. ;)
We were certain that Gracie would be a boy though so you never know.
Gus would love a boy, but the thought makes me nervous. I'm quite comfortable with girls and all things frilly.
Gracie's beyond herself with excitement and loves to pat and kiss "her" baby (my belly). She will be an amazing big sister.
Either way, as I'm sure you can tell, we are thrilled!
I am starting to not feel so disgusting which is fantastic cuz I was sick with Gracie for 6 months. And I am starting to reemerge in the land of the living.
As the dear friends that you all are, we thank you for your prayers and thoughts on our behalf, and we know that they were vital in getting us to this happy point. It's been a long, rough journey and while it's not over we are encouraged. We still ask for your continued prayers though that all will continue to go well.
We love you all and will keep you posted!

11 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Yay! I'm the first to leave a comment! Which either means I love you the most or I spent to much time checking my google reader :) Either way CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Headrick Family said...

I saw your pregnancy countdown and was going to ask....but didn't want to be too forward :) Congratulations!! So happy for you guys, hope you start feeling better soon!

Karen said...

Oh Laurie! I'm so stinkin happy for you guys! I know how much this means to you and how long you have waited for this. We will continue to pray that all goes well. You would LOVE a little boy. They are so much fun and so very different than girls. I can't explain it, but it's fun having both. Congrats again and keep us posted on the gender. YEA!!!

Courtni said...

yah! yah! yah!!!!! we are so excited for you guys...can't even tell you how happy we were reading this (i called brian over to read it with me.) we will definitely keep you in our prayers and hope that all goes well! can't wait to hear if you will be adding a brother or sister for gracie!!!

Michelle Alger said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! I am so glad things are going well. I cant wait to find out what you are having. Congrats to you all!

Jen said...

yay!!! I'm so happy for you!! Hope the pregnancy continues to go well!

Angie said...

Fantastic! I have been hoping for a post like this. What wonderful news that you've made it 14 weeks with all signs looking good. Todd and I will absolutely continue to keep your family in our prayers, and I'm so excited to hear if it's a boy or a girl. Yay!!!

janine said...

So happy for you guys!! I hope that you stay well this pregnancy and that it is kind to you!!!

jamie said...

this just made my week! SO thrilled for you guys!

Amy said...

Congratulations Gus, Laurie, & Gracie! That is so great. We're praying that all continues to go well and don't worry---boys are the BEST!! :D I'm sure Gus will love to have a little guy to work on trucks with and to take fishing.

MM said...

so thrilled, and praying for you. I think it's a boy too, my pregnancies with each gender were very different! Way to go guys!