Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Musings.....


So I have been thinking about why humans have the tendency to focus on the negative. Why is it that the news is full of bad news and why does it take 5 positive experiences to replace 1 negative?
Why is it that all the negative things that people say stick in our heads more than the positive things?
I'm just curious why our brains work this way?
Anyone have some insights??
My thoughts are we are sent to this earth to be tested and that is just one of the many tests that we face. We have to make a conscience choice to be grateful and positive, it doesn't seem to just come naturally. How grateful would we really be if it wasn't a struggle for us?
HMMMMM...just wondering.
What are your thoughts? Do tell.

And on another note, Gracie is grateful for many things:
We asked her to tell us some of the things she is grateful for and this is what she came up with: (in her words)
*I got a haircut
*I go to story time
*I'm thankyou for prophets
*I'm thankyou for Jesus
*I'm thankyou for forks
*I'm thankyou for turkey
*I'm thankyou for dragons
*I'm thankyou for...um....um....um...um...the PRINCE!
*I'm thankyou for the...the....the...colors!

And last but not least: Gracie's weekly Family Home Evening improvisational performance. The subject: Turkey (please pay special attention to her turkey impression)

7 comments:

Kathy P said...

I miss that little super cute amazing niece of mine!!!

The world is so negative because there aren't enough of her in the world...

Yay Grace!

Jodilyn said...

Now that video has to be one of the cutest things that I have seen in a long time. I love her "Thank You".

Thanks for sharing and starting my day off with a great smile. I will be thinking about that turkey song all day today.

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. I am going to miss seeing you, but I am really looking forward to Christmas.

I love you guys!

(As for your question, I don't have a good answer. I think you might be correct in your assumption that it is one of the ways in which we are tested.)

Megan Bruschke said...

OK, it's official, I miss her like crazy - and therefore I miss you like crazy too! Seriously, she is so CUTE! Thinking of you all today and missing you like crazy!

Angie said...

I'm thankyou for forks, too.

Amy said...

That is too funny. My favorite part is when you and Gus yell "Yayyyyyy!" Looks like you have a lot of fun with Gracie!

Courtni said...

SO cute! I liked her list of what she was thankful for..."forks" was my favorite. The top of Brett's list was yogurt.

jamie said...

she's cute....um...um...the colors! hee, hee.