Monday, November 10, 2008

My Angel Post

So I'm posting this for my sister's blog carnival, Please Check it out if you haven't already. Real Angels, Real Life.

Today I may be breaking the rules a little bit by not posting a specific occasion that happened this week, but I just have to tell you of an angel in my life that I am lucky enough to be related to. It's my big sis. And I am sure she is going to be slighty embarrassed to see this so I will just call her my big sis. ;)
I could go on and on about the many talents of this big sis of mine and how she has such a way with words and storytelling and how creative she is and what an incredible seamstress and what a wonderful mother she is, but today I will just tell you what a great sister she is.

When we were younger I copied everything she did. I wanted to be just like her and I know it would annoy her quite a bit sometimes. If she had a favorite color, it was my favorite color, if she had a favorite actor, it was my favorite actor. The same was true with clothes, songs, and more.
Even more importantly she was such a spiritual, faithful person with such a strong testimony and love of Jesus Christ.
And because I wanted to be just like her I tried to follow her awesome example. I was very blessed to be trying to copy this great person.

I am grateful to say that my sister is my best friend. She is a person that I can share anything with and she will give me her sisterly opinion without judgment. I can call her with the most trite of things to say or with my deepest thoughts and I don't have to try to be strong for her.

She will call me to check on me on a regular basis. We were together when my dad died and it was heart wrenching to not be together when my mom passed away.
I truly don't know what I'd do without her in my life and while I know I could write something specific about what she does weekly I just want you to get a feel for this wonderful constant angel in my life.
Hope you're not too emabarrassed, big sis!

3 comments:

Kathy P said...

Awww -- how sweet. Maybe I can meet this sister of yours someday. :)

Amy said...

what a nice post. Go Laurie.

Courtni said...

that's nice -- i think that random thank yous and notes like that are great...things that people should take time to say more often.