Monday, November 10, 2008

And so it begins.......

Oh man, I can't believe I had and actual conversation about modesty already with my 2YEAR OLD!!!!
I guess it's better too soon than too late, right?
I am always suprised at how much she notices.
Well, a clip of a Beyonce music video came on the news this morning and as usual she was wearing very little.
To my shock and horror I hear my sweet little girl say "when I get older I can wear that". Picture me, jaw dropped and screaming "NO!!!!!!" inside my head.
The first thing I could get out of my mouth was "oh I hope not". I then had to explain that we keep our bodies covered to show respect for them and it's not good to dress that way.
Yikes. I was not prepared for that. I better get prepared, eh? Hopefully in the future I will be ready.
So, a speacial thanks to you, Beyonce (and all those that share your philosophy of
"less is more"), for making this conversation with my TWO YEAR OLD possible.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, man, craziness. Yeah, thanks, Beyonce. Things hit the kids at earlier and earlier stages than ever before. Good thing Gracie has such a strong mom. Keep it up, and good luck.

If it's any consolation to you, when I was in elementary school I was fascinated with revealing clothing. I had this oversized sweater that I would pull down off one shoulder after I got to school. And I used to lock myself in the bathroom and turn my shirts into tank tops and belly shirts and just stare at myself in the mirror. But I turned out alright! Thank goodness for the gospel.

Levi and Suzi said...

Oh, NO!!! I can't believe it. Gee, thanks, media! :)

Angie said...

Hum, well, I guess I can put that on my list of reason that it's good to have boys. Even though I'm not to worried about Gracie she'll be fine:)

Amy said...

What are you watching Laurie??? Just joking. Seriously, less is not more. Leaving more to the imagination is more.
Yikes.

jamie said...

yeah...a little bit scary. lexi notices everything, too and we've had to have a discussion, too. yikes is right.

Courtni said...

Good to know...modesty just hasn't come up with Brett, but I guess I best be on guard for when Abby turns 2 -- if both you and Jaime have had to talk to your little ones, I better at least start thinking about it. Good work by the way -- you have to start young in this day and age!