Friday, November 7, 2008

A FANTASTIC book...


I have been meaning to post about this book for some time now and I'm finally getting to it.
Some of you know that I LOVE talk radio and I listen to it whenever I get a chance. Well one of the talk shows I was listening to was Dennis Prager and his guest for the hour was a woman named Alison Armstrong.
She was talking about how women so often completely misunderstand men and how we so often expect them to think and talk and respond like a woman does.
Well as someone who was brought up by my mother on Fascinating Womanhood this peaked my interest.
I then proceeded to check out the only book of hers I could find at the library, Keys to the Kingdom, and read it. I won't spoil it, but let me just say that it makes sooo much sense!
I feel like men often get a bad rap and in today's society they are viewed as a "necessary evil".
This book helped me have such an appreciation and understanding for men that, even with my moms example and teaching, I just didn't get before.

Read it!:)
Yea, I'm starting to feel like I'm on Reading Rainbow. ;)

1 comments:

Angie said...

So what is Fascinating Womanhood. You have such good book suggestions and ideas, so we have to talk about this one. Oh, and just read this book, has changed my marriage!!!!