Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Fella...

SAPPY NOVEL ALERT!!!


On November 29th Gus and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary. Ah. 6 years, we are old fogies now. ;)
It's been a wonderful 6 years with Gus. We've had ups and downs, lots of laughter and a little bickering. :) I couldn't be happier with the man I chose to spend my life with and I'm so happy he wanted to spend his life with me too.

There are so many things I love about him and so many things I'm grateful for about him. I love how practical and logical he is. I've always needed that in my life. I love how he can fix pretty much anything, which I also need since I have a tendency to be a bit of a klutz and break things (he says I'm a baby deer).

I love his sense of humor and the funny million and two sayings he has for things. I love that he loves music and is so talented at playing instruments and singing. I love it when he plays his guitar and the piano and even the drums. I love constantly having that music in our home. I

love what a good person he is and how he's always willing to help others out, He is such a gentleman. I love that he's so responsible. I love that his heart is so easily melted by his little Gracie. He's such a good dad. I love that he's brilliant. He is really quite a genius. I love that he is my very best friend, I would rather spend time with him than anyone else on earth. And I love that he loves ME .

So it's easy to see why I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. I often think about when we first met and all the fun/funny things that happen when you first start dating someone.

My dear cousin introduced us at a Christmas fireside. I'd seen him around our ward and thought he was handsome but didn't really pay a whole lot of attention. I was working at Anasazi at the time and was gone 16 days out of the month so I was sort of out of the loop anyway. Not too long after we met at the fireside he came up to talk to me and told me I looked like Cameron Diaz, I jokingly asked him if he wanted to marry me.

Later that month we went Christmas caroling with our ward and let's just say Gus couldn't stop flirting with me, HA HA. I'm teasing, Gus, we shared equal responsibility in the flirting. ;) I was cold, as usual, and he, being the fantastic gentleman that he is, offered me his coat. It swallowed me and I loved it.

That night after caroling we all ended up at our bishops for hot chocolate and he sat down by me. There happened to be a guitar close by so he picked it up and started playing a song he'd written, well lets just say that I was a goner. (I've always had a weakness for fellas that play the guitar) Here's the song that won my heart: (I made him record it for me)

Clever eh? He's a pretty good song writer! The day after Christmas was our first date. We went to Applebee's (I think he was horrified that I ordered a spinach artichoke pizza, HA) and then he played the guitar for me some more and then we went to see Majestic.
It was just so fun and natural to be with him. He ended giving me his coat again that night. (Apparently I have a problem)
By the end of January we were an official couple and 2 years and 1 day after I got home from my mission and 11 months after we met we were married. November 29th 2002 was the best day EVER!! So thank you Gus, for the fun times and for the wonderful husband that you are. I love you!


















9 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

Congrats! I love you two - you truly were made for each other! It was so wonderful meeting you right after we all got married - I loved being newly weds with such amazing friends who were going throught he same things we were! We miss you so much and TRULY hope to see you SOON! Lots of love!

Sarah said...

Awww! But you forgot to mention how hot he is with his new glasses! ;)

Laurie said...

Sarah....did you just call my husband hot?!?! What the...;)
Ha HA, it's so TRUE.

Koi said...

Ahh! I love it. That just brought back so many memories. That was one of my favorite Gus songs too. I even remember to tool that made him mad enough to write it. I believe his name was Terry. Ya, ask him about Terry and his white mustang.

Happy anniversary!

Kathy P said...

ooohhh! So sweet. And sappy. But in a good way!

I really have never seen a more beautiful bride by the way!

Courtni said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Great post...sounds like you are as happy as ever -- just like it should be!

Amy said...

Congratulations! You two are perfect for each other. Its so fun to watch your relationship, in person and in the blogs :) We miss you guys!

jamie said...

i love that it was the abercrombie and fitch song that won your heart! happy anniversary! wish we could hang out mxc together.

Karrie said...

Just one of the many great Gus songs. There was also Gus's evil twin/nemesis with the look alike but less nice green truck, what's his name.
Go Obama... Ha, just josh'n, don't come lookin for me or anything Gus.
signed: Jeremy