Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ouch!

Reasons why it is risky to let your 2 year old brush your hair.

Gracie asked me if she could brush my hair after I was done with hers and with in 10 seconds the comb was stuck in my hair like I've never had anything stuck in my hair before. This was about 9:30am. I tried for a minute and decided it was going to take a very long time to get this out of my hair so I thought I'd better eat breakfast first before dedicating the rest of my day to this huge task.
About 10am I started working on it furiously, 45 minutes later I call Gus in desperation so he could sympathize with me in my hour of need.
The comb was so close to my scalp that if I had to cut it out I would have basically had a patch of hair that stuck strait out from my head.
I then decided that I was not going to be able to get the comb out by myself and called my good friend Angie.
I had gotten quite a bit out but I could not get the last part to budge.
She worked patiently and at one point thought she was going to have to resort to cutting it out!
Finally around 11:30am she hands me the infernal comb!!! I don't think I've ever been happier to see a comb before in my life.
So after an hour and a half of combined effort and a sore head I no longer have a comb stuck in my hair.
Needless to say I will think twice before I let Gracie at my hair with a comb.

Thanks Angie for saving my hair! There is no way I could have gotten that out by myself!

7 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

Holy Cow! That is truly amazing - the madness that a child can create in a matter of seconds is truly remarkable! So glad that you got it out without having to cut - your hair is way too pretty to have a big gap in it!

jamie said...

wow. that was intense. i'll remember that if tatum ever asks to comb my hair. glad you didn't have to cut yours.

Kathy P said...

I love this story! It sounds like a scene from a tv show! Way to go Angie! you are nicer than I am, I would have cut it out. I am going to be laughing about this all night.

Courtni said...

Oh my gosh...I just sat here staring at the comb in your hair...so glad you got it out with as little hair loss as possible! Ouch!

Levi and Suzi said...

Thank goodness for good friends! I'm glad she was able to get it out for you. Women are amazing!

Amy said...

I am still laughing as I type, haha, even though your head is sore I bet you and Gracie will get a good laugh out of this someday when she has a little girl of her own that wants to brush/comb her hair! The part that makes me laugh the hardest is that you instantly gave up & ate breakfast when she initially caught it in your hair, instead of taking 10 minutes to try to get it out first. I just love how practical your approach was, lol!

Jodilyn said...

That looks painful. I'm glad the comb was removed without the loss of a lot of hair.

We had some neighbors when we lived in Germany who learned a lesson of another risky thing to let your child help with. The father actually let his three year old daughter help him clean his ears. We heard a horrible scream and found him with blood coming out of his ear. Yikes!!