Monday, August 25, 2008

Denora.....

Gracie has been so into pretending lately, it's really cute. She loves to pretend she's swimming or diving(thanks to the Olympics)or she'll pretend she's on the Disneyland Jungle Cruise looking at all the animals or she'll "make" us birthday cake probably 4 or 5 hundred times during a week. (Thank goodness it's just pretend)

She loves to go in the back yard and look for her princesses, disney characters, or other friends. She'll go up to them and bend down to their level and start talking to them about whatever strikes her fancy and then say to me "see my friends, mommy?".

As of last week, however, she has picked a favorite "friend" and given her a name. Denora! I truly don't know where she got that name from. We are thinking it might be a twist on Gracie's latest obssesion, Dora the Explorer. It cracks me up though.

It is official though that my daughter has an imaginary friend named Denora. The arrival of Denora just so happens to coincide with the departure of her beloved "fier".

Is an imaginary friend healthy or not healthy?
My sister says healthy, I think it's probably healthy.
What do you think?

5 comments:

Kathy P said...

I hope it is healthy -- otherwise I am in trouble! :)

Karen said...

I think it's natural to have an imaginay friend. Kaily did and all of my nephews have, that I know of. The "friend" probably came as a replacement to the "fier" b/c she needs the comfort. That's just what I think, I could be wrong.

Courtni said...

Too cute -- I think it is totally normal to have an imaginary friend and great that she is so imaginative and creative. I seriously think it is totally healthy for kids to be able to entertain themselves and think of things on their own. She is so cute, Laurie!

jamie said...

i think it actually shows intelligence when kids as young as she have imaginary friends. i love her friend's name, too.

Amy said...

I think it is intelligent as well---great imagination and great critical thinking skills! Boring kids just sit there waiting for others to entertain them, smart kids entertain themselves! (well, sometimes at least!) :)