Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten (or Top Five) Tuesdays

Top Five Things I Love About The South:

1-The southern accent and how everyone says "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" even little kids. SO cute! On several occasions I've heard mothers correcting their children to say sir or ma'am. I think I'd love to take that habit home with me, but first I have to teach Gracie to say "yes" first. ;)

2-The way everyone holds doors for each other and offers to help. There have been several times when I'm in a store with my arms full of baby and I drop something (way too typical) and I start to bend down to pick it up and someone near comes and says "I've got it" and picks it up for me. So nice.

3-The fireflies.

4-The birds.

5-How everything is so green. It's lovely.

1 comments:

Amy said...

If someone offers to pick something up for you out here, people are afraid that someone will run off with it! Sounds like the southern gentility is still alive. :)