Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Introducing........

EZRA DAVIS HANSEN!

Born on 4-11-11 @ 1:12 pm. 8lbs 2oz 20 inches long!
Sorry, friends, for the delay in posting pictures and stuff. I know we promised to do it soon and we didn't. Boo us! We lost our camera card reader and after searching and searching for it we gave up and finally bought a new one. So now of course we should find our old one soon. ;)

I just want to warn you that there will be a LOT of photos for the next couple posts. Just a heads up.

Everything went smoothly the c-section was scheduled for 12:30pm. I had time to shower, do my hair and make-up and saunter in to the hospital. It was kind of surreal.
There were no complications except for vomiting on myself during surgery. Ha! That was fun. I remember the final tugging and then the emptiness in my belly and the wonderful sound of my little boy letting out his his signature squawks. I felt my mom and dads presence again very strongly. It was a wonderful day!

The last month in pictures:
A good shot of my big ol' belly.







The Saturday before Ezra arrived we went to the park for a little kite flying.  The last outing as a family of three.
Belly shots on our way out the door for a c-section.


Sassy belly shots.

Gracie is shouting baby brother! She's all ready for her day and night of fun with friends.


Daddy loves.

My first glimpse of our long awaited second child.

He's so sweet and soft.




A picture of perfection.


Big Sis meets Ezra.



She's so proud and excited.

So sweet.


Thinking about possible ramifications of having a baby brother.

So squishy!


Gracie's present of a rattle to Ezra.

 
The next day's visit to Ezra...oh and mommy too...at the hospital.

Posing for the camera as always.

She loooooves her brother!



He fell asleep deep in thought.

Again...so squishy!!!

My position as head baby bather was quickly commandeered by two enthusiastic participants. Gracie and daddy assigned me to the camera instead.


More love from Big Sis.

On of our nights without power. (more about that to come soon)

Notice the propane lantern. That put out quite a bit of light (and heat).


Gracie enjoying the fruits of her labor after helping mommy make brownies.



Two cute kids! We are so blessed!

7 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so excited that you posted pics!! He's so cute and I want to hug and swish him too!!!!! He totally looks like Gus...right? How is Gracie handling everything? You guys have really been through a lot since you moved away...maybe you should move back:) Just kidding, we miss you but I don't want you to think about it. Love the pictures, post lots more. I should just call you because I obviously have a lot to say!

Jen said...

Love the pics!! What a cute baby! Congrats!! I hope your recovery and adjustment to #2 is going well! And so glad you guys are ok w/ all the storms, etc!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for all the pictures! He is ADORABLE!!! And Gracie is the most beautiful big sister! We loved, loved, LOVED seeing all these darling pictures! We miss you guys!

Rebekah said...

So So cute! I am so happy for you and your sweet little family! You are such a wonderful mom and woman, thank you for being the example that you are. Sending all my love!!!

jamie said...

made my day to see these! he's beautiful (and again, LOVE his name) and gracie is adorable as always. congrats again, you guys!

Courtni said...

he is so cute!! seriously, we couldn't be more thrilled for you. so glad that there is now 4 of you!

MM said...

He's beautiful hermana--what a lucky little guy--I'm so glad he came to a home that wanted him and will love him! love you!