Monday, July 19, 2010

The Adventures of Gus and Laurie...

Every year some friends of ours organize a river rafting trip. I have always wanted to do a hard core river rafting trip like this but this year was the first year I was able to go. Gus was able to go last year but I had to back out due to being prego.
So this year I was totally excited to be able to go.
All in all we had 19 people on 4 rafts who went. It was so ridiculously fun!

On our raft was Gus and I, of course, our good friends, The Macks, and Rob who was bachin it for the day, we missed you Jenni.
And we can't forget our fearless guide Prestor.
I'm pretty sure our raft was the awesomest, no offense other rafts.
When we weren't battling the raging rapids we were stealthily paddling up to the other rafts and splashing them mercilessly with our oars. Awesome, right?
All right enough of this let's get to the rest of the pictures.
There are a lot by the way. Just a warning
.


The picture above you may wonder why I put  in here. On first glance it doesn't look like anyone is in the picture. But on closer inspection you can see a couple blue blurs of helmets and one lone hand sticking out from the rapids.
There was one rapid when we nearly lost Gus over the edge and this may have been it. When you look at this picture though it almost looks like our entire raft was swallowed. It pretty much was, however we emerged from the river triumphant! Go Us!
I think it's a hilarious picture!

We loved the experience, we loved our group, we loved our guide and we especially loved that he told us we were "paddling like sissy's" at one point. We were.  But for the most part we were River Raft Paddling Monsters.
Thanks Broc and Kelle for organizing this every year. We are totally in next year. It was amazing!

6 comments:

Raysha said...

This looks like so much fun! So glad you got to enjoy the experience this year.

Karen said...

How did you get so many pics of you guys? It looks AWESOME! I love river rafting!

Jen said...

Fun! I haven't been rafting in years! I hope you guys are doing well!

jamie said...

i admit that i'm not really sure i could do it. while i think it looks incredibly fun and i'm actually a really strong swimmer, i'd be stressed the whole time that the thing'd tip over and someone (maybe even myself) would have a close call with the river.

glad you guys had fun, though.

Jennifer said...

Looks so fun!! And the pictures are awesome! Glad you guys had a fun time!! ;)

Amy said...

Laurie, you're my hero. That looks like SO MUCH FUN. And how awesome are you for having friends who do that sort of thing annually? TOo CoOL. I'm like Jamie---think I might be too stressed to enjoy it if I were to do it!